Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Whiskey Jack Camp

The thoughts of spring that I had earlier also brought to mind our family cabin. Whiskey Jack Camp is a log cabin my father built in the 70's. A log cabin on Belle Island on Lake Mistinikon in north eastern Ontario.
all the amenities, running water (Grab a bucket and head for the lake) wood cooking, wood heating and  kerosene lamps...the true sense of romance, it is a real haven. Ive never heard a phone ring there!
Every spring we enjoy the atmosphere of the quiet and beautiful surroundings for some friendly fishing competition. All that can be heard are "I caught the biggest!" or " That one doesn't count! its to small!"
That time is fast approaching...I cant wait!


below are a few scenes you may see when enjoying a true northern Ontario experience.
Me myself and I
My Pop

No comments :

Post a Comment

These may peak your interest