Thursday, March 17, 2011

Floral Designs in Macro

For many Macro photography is about capturing phenomena, items, and events that cannot easily be seen by the naked eye. A water droplet falling into a pool or bubble rising up in champagne
I like to think of it as finding detail in larger objects...like flowers.
Historically, the definition of macro was that the image had to be on a scale of 1:1
But that definition (with digital technology) has changed to be images of small areas of larger subject or of small subjects. Anything can be a macro subject but my favorites are insects and flowers.
I hope to show you some appealing images of both over the next while starting with the images below.
I'm also proud to say the flowers images below are all shot in my garden!
Lavatera

Common Pansy

Marigold Bolero

Hosta flower
California Poppy

Toad Lilly
Sunflower in a bird bath!

No comments :

Post a Comment

These may peak your interest