Sunday, April 24, 2011

Daffodil Days

The Narcissus or Daffodil is the fundraising symbol for many Cancer Societies around the world.
"Daffodils Days" was first instituted in Toronto by the Canadian Cancer Society. During the
month of April funds are raised by offer of Daffodils in return for a donation.
Cancer effects us all in time, so please join the fight!
I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
and twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of the bay;
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced, but they
Out-did the sparkling leaves in glee;
A poet could not be but gay,
In such a jocund company!
I gazed--and gazed--but little thought
What wealth the show to be had brought.

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.
~ William Wordsworth

No comments :

Post a Comment

These may peak your interest