Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Trillium in Three

The Trillium Ontario's Provincial flower since 1937
At this time of year they are just set to bloom
a native flower that blooms in woodland areas.
Called Trillium because of their 3 petals and 3 leaves
for this I give you 3 edited versions..and a poem 


Where The Trillium Grows

I love the spot where the Trillium peeks,
Deep in the wood along side the creek,
My favorite place in early spring,
Where the Trillium grows, inspiring

Where the Trillium grows, my soul refreshes,
Reminiscent of simple pleasures,
uncomplicated, yet so exquisite,
She speaks to me on every visit.

Demure and delicate, unassuming grow,
A humble persistence, and hardiness though,
Well mannered and sweet, is the Trillium flower,
Modestly pretty, hour to hour.

An honor to walk where the Trillium grows,
Three white flowers right after snow,
How she survives crashing trees and wind,
I never tire of the Trillium trend.

My Trillium friend, not to deceive,
Returns each spring by the creek in the trees,
There'll come a day, when I won't be there,
Will she know I'm gone as she lingers fair?

~ anonymous



1 comment :

  1. Nice shot of the Trillium.
    What a lovely poem. I've never heard that one before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

These may peak your interest