Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stars and Stripes on a Windy Night in Arizona

On a very windy night with gusts from 60 to 90km
I was outside watching my neighbors Canadian Flag
as it was whipped back and forth.
This brought back a memory of a windy night when my father and I
were visiting south east Arizona in March of 2009
That night after dinner I ventured out with my camera and tripod
and caught these images of the American flag as it whipped and danced in the wind





A wee piece of interest
"American Flag" is also a ghost town in Arizona!
Outside of Pinal County, 5 miles southeast of Oracle.
The town was established in 1870 as as a mining town
with a population of 40
By 1884 the population was only 15
so the post office closed and by 1890
the town was left by itself!

No comments :

Post a Comment

These may peak your interest